Strength training is a highly neglected component of most runners training regime
With high running volumes and increased time spent on the road, most runners will omit strength work as part of a balanced training regime.
However it is undeniable the benefits a specific strength training program will have not only on a runner’s performance but also reducing their risk of injury. Supplementing running with strengthening exercises will not only aid in injury prevention but will make you a stronger, faster, and more efficient runner.
The aim of this program is to provide a structured and safe environment for runners to perform Strength and Conditioning training that is specific to and will compliment the work performed on the road. The program will look to develop running specific strength and power as well as focus on the training of specific structures and movement patterns to prevent injury. The program is also designed to cater for younger and developing athletes who are participating in a variety of sports. This is facilitated by the program targeting specific issues relevant to running while allowing a global approach to functional training which is transferable to other sporting environments.
Benefits of Program –
- Improve running specific strength and power in turn enhancing efficiency and performance
- Improve strength, stability and function and relevant structures (Trunk, Hip, Knee, Ankle) in order to prevent injury
- A movement and functional approach that will enhance overall athletic performance
- Education with regards to training loads and recovery strategies
- Safe and Structures environment to train with high level coaching
To request more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (07) 3310 4969.