Develop Rowing specific strength and power to increase performance and prevent injury
Rowing requires the athlete to possess high levels of aerobic and anaerobic conditioning, and the production of repetitive power outputs through the upper and lower body. Whether elite or recreational, all rowers can benefit from specific functional strength and power training, to increase performance and prevent injury.
The aim of this program is to provide a structured and safe environment for rowers to perform Strength and Conditioning training that is specific to, and will compliment the work performed on the water. The program will look to develop sport specific strength and power as well as focus on the training of specific structures and movement patterns to prevent injury. The program is also designed to cater for younger and developing athletes who are participating in a variety of sports. This is facilitated by the program targeting specific issues relevant to rowing while allowing a global approach to functional training which is transferable to other sporting environments.
Benefits of Program
- Improve sport specific strength and power, in turn enhancing performance
- Improve strength and stability of relevant structures (Shoulder / Hip / Core) in order to prevent injury
- A movement and functional approach that will enhance athletic development
- Education with regards to flexibility and recovery
- Safe and structured environment to train with high level coaching
To request more information please email email@example.com or call (07) 3310 4969