Move it in May with Arthritis Queensland and Aspire
Here at Aspire we are so pleased to be able to partner with Arthritis Queensland for their Move it in May campaign.
This campaign is designed to get people moving more throughout the month of May, and hopefully make some sustainable improvements to take into future months.
This initiative is about raising awareness about arthritis and raising money to help improve the lives of Australians living with the condition.
Some facts about Arthritis:
- 1 in 5 Australians live with arthritis
- Anyone can develop arthritis – from babies to the elderly
- Arthritis is the most common chronic disease in Australia – impacting nearly 5 million people
- There are 100 different types of arthritis! There is currently no cure for any of these.
- Arthritis causes pain, fatigue, social isolation, financial insecurity, mobility issues and takes a huge emotional toll on people
How can you be involved?
By registering for Move it in May! When you register you will be asked to choose a challenge. We all have different physical abilities and so we want you to find a challenge that is right for you. It could be an epic journey or maybe it will be making sure you hit your steps target each day. It’s up to you. Arthritis Queensland have included some suggestions on their move it in may site, but you can choose any physical challenge that you want to complete during the month of May.
What if I have arthritis?
If you are living with arthritis and aren’t sure how to get started on increasing your physical activity, one of our experienced Accredited Exercise Physiologist will be able to assess your medical condition and prescribe the most appropriate exercises for your needs. Our team will get you started gradually and safely on a plan to incorporate exercise into you lifestyle – you can book an appointment online – Book Now